THE EPOC® BLOOD ANALYSER IS A FAST, ACCURATE AND COST-EFFECTIVE PORTABLE ANALYSER IDEAL FOR ANY VETERINARY PRACTICE.
The epoc was developed by the founder of the i-STAT Analyser and is the first wireless Point of Care testing solution to use Smart Card technology.
It is a cost-effective, state of the art blood gas analyser capable of providing 18 parameters directly to a hand held PDA (included). The epoc is able to wirelessly interface with your in-practice computer and Bluetooth printer.
- Accurate blood gas, electrolyte and critical care biochemistry results in 3 minutes
- Room temperature cartridge storage
- 92µl sample volume, eliminating overfill issues
- Wireless system that interfaces to the practice computer and Bluetooth printer
- Veterinary software with species specific reference ranges
- Easy to use with Windows colour touch screen technology
- Completely portable handheld system with rechargeable battery
- Ready to use anytime, anywhere – in-practice, theatre, client site or yard
- Integrated calibration and quality checks
- Barcode smart cards for error free identification
- 2000 patient results stored on analyser
- Ability to input all patient data, temperature and even ventilator settings
- Cartridge batch numbers automatically linked to patient results
- All parameters on the same card
Simultaneously Tests Up to 18 Parameters
The epoc Blood Gas Analyser is affordable, easy to use and requires no refrigeration of consumables. It is ideal for in-practice or field use and is capable of simultaneously testing 18 parameters at once. With its sleek design and touchscreen menu, the epoc Blood Gas Analyser is a modern and accurate device suitable for any UK veterinary practice.
Three Simple Steps to Using the epoc Blood Gas Analyser
Operating the epoc Blood Analyser is simple. A disposable epoc Test Card is inserted into the reader and an automatic calibration cycle is performed. A small sample of fresh whole blood (92μl) is then injected into the sample entry port on the test card. The reader then analyses the blood and approximately 35 seconds after sample injection, results are displayed on the epoc Host.
Blood Analyser Components
The epoc Blood Gas Analyser has four components: the reader, the host, the test cards and the printer. The epoc Blood Gas Analyser is able to provide accurate results for up to 18 parameters within 3 minutes.
- Battery powered portable device
- Internal barcode scanner
- Card slot for accepting test card
- Status indicators to inform user of test progress
- Measures electrical signals from test card sensors
- Transmits test results wirelessly via Bluetooth to the epoc Host
- Mobile computer with epoc Host software application installed
- Communicates wirelessly via Bluetooth with epoc Reader
- Calculates analytical values from sensor data sent by epoc Reader
- Displays test results
- Communicates with practice computer via WiFi
epoc Test Card
- Single-use device with port for blood sample introduction
- Contains array of sensors on a Sensor Module
- Contains calibration fluid within sealed reservoir
- Generates electrical signals proportional to analyte concentrations in sample
- Uses Barcode to identify Card Type, “Use By” Date, Serial and Lot Number
- Thermal printer
- Maintenance free
- Highly reliable
- Able to print results immediately
More information can be found on the following link: www.WoodleyEquipment.com/Epoc
Price On Request